The Cloud Virtualization course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business perspective, the technical organization, and operating and governing virtualization. Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of Omnikron’s courses. Activities such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
- Understand the common terms and definitions of virtualization.
- Comprehend the business benefits and business considerations of virtualization.
- Understand various approaches to server virtualization, its relevance to the modern data center, available platforms and important features.
- Understand the implications of virtualization on storage, networks, and applications
- Comprehend the implications of virtualization on the modern workplace, and recognize challenges and opportunities for managing this.
- Understand the impact and changes of virtualization on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of virtualization techniques.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of virtualization and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
Who This Course is For:
- Business Executives
- Technology Sales Professionals
- Network Admin staff
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Security Professionals
- IT Managers
- VoIP Professionals
- LAN / WAN Engineers
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, it is recommended that students complete the Cloud Essentials course prior to taking Cloud Virtualization.
The exam is conducted online with a live proctor. Omnikron will assist with scheduling but exams are administered by the Cloud Credential Council. Students who have been certified in Virtualization and Essentials receive the Cloud Technology Associate Certificate from the Cloud Credential Council. Students who pass the exam will earn their Cloud Credential Council Computing Virtualization Certificate.
John Savageau is President at Pacific-Tier Communications, a Honolulu-based technology consulting company focused on delivering cutting edge technology and business solutions to developing countries, governments, and business. With an emphasis on cloud computing and Internet-enabled technology, John holds sacred the objective of delivering “network” access to every man, woman, and child around the world.
Kellep Charles, an extremely knowledgeable and engaging instructor, has worked as a government contractor in the Washington, DC area as an Information Security Analyst with over 15 years of experience in the areas of incident response, computer forensics, security assessments, malware analyst and security operations.
“Solid training, lots of great info on Cloud governance, regulation, etc.”
“Scheduling the exam soon, this helped me to focus on what I need to know to pass and get the certification.”
“My organization is transitioning to Cloud … my supervisor suggested I take this course. Glad I did, it taught me quite a bit. I really enjoyed the instructor, he was knowledgeable, positive and upbeat throughout the course. Great format too, the training sticks.”
“Omnikron’s training is always excellent, this is the third class I have taken with them and I appreciate how professional and helpful everyone is to deal with.”
OMNIKRON CERTIFIED INNOVATION ARCHITECT
This certification is proudly awarded to students who successfully complete the INNOVATE coursework in Omnikron’s Leadership Elevation Framework. [The Leadership Elevation Framework is a trademarked Omnikron methodology.] Successful and lasting innovation requires the skills built through the CALIBRATION, NEGOTIATION, and COLLABORATION phases of the Leadership Elevation Framework. Fittingly, the INNOVATE level builds on these skills by focusing on best practices and the design, implementation and management of cutting edge technology from specialized domains including Big Data, Data Science, ITIL, Cyber Security, SDN / NFV, Cloud, Virtualization and Enterprise Architecture.