The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge.
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
Who This Course is For:
- A wide range of business managers
- IT management consultants
- IT governance professionals
- Auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain–Completion of this course is the first step to enroll into COBIT® 5 Implementation and COBIT® 5 Assessor exams.
The exam is in closed-book format with 50 multiple-choice questions. The pass score is 50%. The exam lasts for 40 minutes. The exam is available as web-based or paper-based.
John Savageau is President at Pacific-Tier Communications, a Honolulu-based technology consulting company focused on delivering cutting edge technology and business solutions to developing countries, governments, and business. With an emphasis on cloud computing and Internet-enabled technology, John holds sacred the objective of delivering “network” access to every man, woman, and child around the world.
“Thanks for offering CobIT. I was introduced to CobIT during a cyber security graduate class at UVA, this past Fall. Thanks to the class you offered, I will have a higher chance of success with my cyber security program and whatever follows the completion of it.”
“Loved the class! It’s been wonderful. The teacher was extremely knowledgeable and as always I’ve learned a lot.”
OMNIKRON CERTIFIED LEADERSHIP LUMINARY
This certification is proudly awarded to students who successfully complete the ELEVATE coursework in Omnikron’s Leadership Elevation Framework. [The Leadership Elevation Framework is a trademarked Omnikron methodology]. The ELEVATE phase is designed to create well-rounded leaders. To qualify for this final, rigorous certification, students must complete a minimum of One  Final Assessment; One  Governance class; and they must also prove accumulated knowledge and skills by completing a Capstone Project. The Capstone Project can be either a Reusable Learning Object or the signed-off completion of a customized optimization project.