DevOps is the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. This collaborative environment results in faster design, deployment and operation of software and services.
- Learn the basics of the DevOps methodology and how to incorporate it into your organization
- Build the team you need to have in place to deploy your apps faster and more effectively
- Learn to build a positive feedback loop that improves and streamlines the flow of work between software and IT
- Boost your interpersonal communication skills: listening, negotiation, problem-solving and team-building
Who This Class is For:
- Individuals and organizations seeking a foundational understanding of DevOps
- Software supply chain managers
- Project managers
- Software developers and architects
- Aspiring DevOps Engineers
- Service Engineers in the field of Enterprise Infrastructures
- Testing professionals
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders
There are no formal prerequisites. However, familiarity with IT and IT Service Management is suggested.
Students must earn a passing grade (65%) on the 60-minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
Students who pass the DevOps Foundation® Exam will earn the DevOps Foundation® Certificate
Brian Bourne has extensive experience and knowledge in leading teams in design, development and implementations of ITSM process solutions. Brian has over 25 years in business management working in a variety of sectors such as the oil industry, government, financial, health, pharmaceutical, entertainment, transportation and IT, as well as
having run his own consulting and training company for several years.
Brian is a highly respected trainer with various training organizations and delivers training in ITIL, COBIT, ISO 20000, Apollo 13 Simulation and Cloud Computing, with organizational reality.
“The class was great. The instructor was great as well.”
“No concerns, class well presented and how busy we are really love that the call is recorded and available online.”
“I gained a lot of good insight for putting DevOps principles into practice at my workplace.”
“DevOps is a new way of working for us, this course really helped me see the benefits and how to start moving forward with a plan.”
OMNIKRON CERTIFIED CHANGE AGENT
This certification is proudly awarded to students who successfully complete the NEGOTIATION and COLLABORATION coursework in Omnikron’s Leadership Elevation Framework. [The Leadership Elevation Framework is a trademarked Omnikron methodology]. Effective Negotiation skills are a critical component of the Leadership Elevation Framework™. Collaboration is also a critical component of any leader’s toolbox. Collaboration coursework includes Change Management Foundations and Practitioner Certifications from the Change Management Institute; Project Management Certification via the Project Management Institute; Project Rescue coursework developed by Kepner and Fourie; Scrum Certification, DevOps and/or other customized Agile Training; Business Relationship Management Certifications, accredited by the Business Relationship Management Institute.